Why Fashion Brands Are Using Artificial Intelligence ?September 19, 2019
Artificial intelligence (AI) is a big disruptor that has affected almost every industry: including fashion. Fashion and tech may seem like an odd pairing, but brands would be remiss to ignore this significant trend: artificial intelligence.
Recently there have been huge advances in AI because of increased processing power, and more user-friendly technology, which means it’s now easier than ever for firms to adopt artificial intelligence technology.
Think about it, fashion has access to a treasure trove of consumer insights, so it is about time that the industry starts leveraging them. In short, sharp fashion brands can be powered by intelligent insights from AI.
Artificial intelligence can help eliminate mundane tasks and automate administrative work. Thereby powering fashion designers to focus more on creative work. As an article in the esteemed fashion publication Women’s Wear Daily states: “ We need to approach AI not just as artificial intelligence, but augmented intelligence, implying that AI can help augment the human thinking process by creatively stripping away the more mundane tasks that can often be automated, elevating our designers, merchants, marketeers etc. to focus on higher-value decision-making that can move the needle.”
Take the time to discuss the following questions with your firm’s stakeholders:
- What aspects of the fashion designer’s tasks can be augmented via AI?
- What aspects of the administrative team’s work can be augmented via AI?
What are the use cases for AI in fashion?
- Inventory management: AI can solve a major pain for many retailers: inventory management. As a fashion retailer, it can be hard to stock your inventory accurately. However, machine-learning algorithms use historical data to make data-driven predictions and choices. According to an article by WWD, these tools can help retailers reduce forecasting errors by up to 50% while reducing inventory by 20-50%.
- Gathering customer insights . AI can get collect customer data and use that data to pursue relationships, such as product recommendations based on customer shopping patterns, dynamic pricing and better customer service and client relationship management.
- Chatbots are a form of AI that can speak with potential customers, and nurture sales and brand loyalty.
- Improving in-store experiences: Using sensors, some retailers are delivering customer data that they collect to their AI tools via the Internet of Things. In turn, this data helps them improve their in-store experience.
Does AI influence a buyer’s decision?
Have you ever had a question about a product, or were you ever worried about how something would fit in real life?
A.I.-powered technology like chatbots can give your customers answers to their questions almost instantly. And virtual mirrors can give your customers the confidence that your apparel will fit them in a flattering manner.
Take, for instance, the triMirror Virtual fitting solution, a 3D real-time virtual try-on system that enables consumers and designers to experience real-life clothes on their accurate virtual models in motion. Allowing customers to see how clothes fit and move in real life without even leaving their homes!
At The Unique Group, we support artificial intelligence initiatives, we believe that using this technology, the industry will be more efficient and consequently costs will be reduced and the environment will be benefited.
If we properly incorporate artificial intelligence, we will help to create a better fashion industry, focus on sustainability.
Read more about sustainable fashion solutions here: